SANFORD — A smoother ride is coming to several secondary roads in Lee County.
The N.C. Dept. of Transportation has awarded a $1.3 million contract to mill out the old asphalt and resurface 10 sections of these secondary routes:
• Third Street from dead end to U.S. 421
• Carthage Street from U.S. 1 to Buffalo Church Road
• King Farm Road from Blackstone Road to dead end
• Sion Kelly Road from Harnett County line to South Main Street
• Wild Forest Road from Valley Road to Palmetto Path
• Longleaf Lane from Wildwood Drive to Debra Lane
• Debra Lane from Longleaf Lane to Palmetto Path
• Palmetto Path from Smokey Path to Debra Lane
• Smokey Path from Palmetto Path to Wild Forest Road
S.T Wooten Corp. of Wilson may start work July 26 and will have until September to complete all the projects. Drivers should expect lane closures and delays on these routes this summer during construction.
For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on social media.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here