Disaster response in Chatham County is coordinated by the Emergency Management Department. During a widespread emergency or potential emergency, Chatham County will provide information to the public …
Thanks for reading Chatham County’s leading news source! Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing to the News + Record – you can do so by clicking here.
Disaster response in Chatham County is coordinated by the Emergency Management Department. During a widespread emergency or potential emergency, Chatham County will provide information to the public through CodeRED emergency alerts, Twitter, email, and the County’s website. Residents are encouraged to sign up for the CodeRED county emergency notification system, follow official government Twitter and Facebook feeds, and monitor local news on television or radio.
Chatham County also updates local information in the ReadyNC application for iPhones and Androids that also provides current state-wide information. Emergency Management can be reached at 919-545-8163 if you have preparedness questions before an emergency.
Where can you get more information about disaster preparedness?
• ReadyChatham.org - Chatham County Emergency Management’s Disaster Preparedness site.
• ReadyNC.org - North Carolina Emergency Management’s Disaster Preparedness site.
• Ready.gov - The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Disaster Preparedness site.
• DHS.gov - The Department of Homeland Security’s site.
• SalvationArmyUSA.org - The Salvation Army’s site.
• RedCross.org - The American Red Cross’s site.
“If you aren’t following us on Facebook and Twitter, you need to,” Chatham County Emergency Management Coordinator Alan Byrd said. “We often share current information about incidents occurring in the county, and provide relevant preparedness information throughout the year, as well as push out critical data regarding pending weather events.”