Chatham County Community Calendar for the week of November 15, 2018
ON THE AGENDA
• The Chatham County Board of Commissioners will hold its regular and work sessions on Monday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. The meeting will also include a public hearing on the proposed Capital Improvements Plan (CIP). The meeting will take place at the Historic Chatham County Courthouse in Pittsboro.
• The Siler City Board of Commissioners will hold its regular session on Monday, Nov. 19, at 7 p.m. The meeting will take place at the Siler City Town Hall in Siler City.
• The Southwest Chatham Community Watch group will meet Thursday, Nov. 15, at 7 p.m. at Edward Hill Friends Church, 92 Ed Leonard Road. All residents invited. Chatham County Sheriff’s Dept. will present the program. Refreshments will be served.
• The Carolina Mountain Dulcimer Players will meet Thursday, November 15, at Seymour Center on Homestead Road in Chapel Hill at 7 p.m. Beginners, experts, and all stringed instruments welcome. For information and directions, ShirleyRay@aol.com or 919-929-5359.
• On Friday, November 16, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Boys & Girls Club - Wren Family Center will host an Open House for the community. Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m. followed by a tour of the newly renovated Paul Braxton School. Throughout the day, Welford Harris Ford host a fundraiser at the Boys & Girls Club. Participants test drive a new Ford vehicle and Ford will donate $20 to the Boys & Girls Club. It is free to the participants and this is an opportunity to make up to $6,000 to benefit the Boys & Girls Club.
• The Council on Aging will host a Health & Wellness Discussion Group on the third Friday of each month at 2 p.m. at the Eastern Chatham Senior Center in Pittsboro. To sign up or for more information, please contact Alan Russo at 919-542-4512 or email@example.com.
• Chatham Literacy will hold its Literacy Swings FUNdraiser Monday, Nov. 19, from 6 - 9 p.m. The event features an evening of entertainment, music, dinner and dancing at the Pittsboro Roadhouse in Pittsboro. Advance registration is required for Literacy Swings and can be made online at www.chathamliteracy.org or by calling 919-542-6424. Make dining reservations directly by calling 919-542-2432. The Roadhouse will help Chatham Literacy by donating 10% of all event-related food and beverage sales.
UP AND COMING
• Siler City Lions Club/American Red Cross will hold a blood drive Saturday, November 24, from 9 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 1101 West Raleigh Street, Siler City. Come unannounced or pre-sign by calling Lee Harvey at 919-742-4081 or Wade Paschal at 919-742-6006, or online at redcrossblood.org, use sponsor code
Siler City Lions.
• Siler City Mayor John Grimes will host the Second Annual State of the Town address on Monday, November 26, at 7 p.m. The event will take place at the Siler City Town Hall.
• FOSTER &/OR ADOPTIVE INFORMATION: Give children a safe place to grow. Interested in becoming a Foster and/or Adoptive parent. Call 642-6956 to learn more.
• ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS: North Carolina District 33, call the Help Line at 866-640-0180 for the meeting schedule for this area.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS: For drug problems in the family, Narcotics Anonymous helps! Call 1-800-721-8225 for listing of local meetings!
• AL-ANON MEETING:
Pittsboro Serenity Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets at 7 p.m. Mondays, at Chatham Community Church, in the lower level of Chatham Mill, Pittsboro.
• The Motorcycle Association for Chatham, Western Wake, Lee, Orange and
Alamance counties meets in Pittsboro and is open to all riders. For
information, call 919-392-3939 or visit www. chathamCBA.com.
• Caregiver Support Group meetings are held the 3rd Monday of each month at
6 p.m. at the Pittsboro Senior Center. For more information, contact Susan Hardy at 919-542-4512.